Maser Monarch Lodge Rules and Regulations
The Dickinson County Conservation Board welcomes you to the use of the Maser Monarch Lodge and we hope you enjoy your stay. This facility was constructed by all private donations so we ask that you help to keep it in pristine condition for all to enjoy.
Please read the following so that you may familiarize yourself with the rules and regulations necessary to maintain and manage this wonderful facility. Please initial at all locations marked with an X and email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org new email.
Peak Season Rates(May 1 – September 30)
Monday – Thursday 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. $200.00
Friday 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. $850.00
Saturday 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. $1000.00
Sunday 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. $600.00
Off Season Rates (October 1 – April 30)
Monday – Thursday 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. $200.00
Friday 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. $500.00
Saturday 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. $750.00
Sunday 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. $350.00
These rates are only locked in once you have completed your reservation payment online.
___________X Persons may enter the lodge at 8 a.m. on the day it is rented. The lodge must be vacated by 10 p.m. of the day it is rented. Lodge may be reserved up to 1 year in advance of the rental date excluding blackout dates.
Blackout dates will be blocked out on the reservation calendar.
The entire Maser Monarch Lodge will accommodate 150 people to the state fire marshal code, no event shall have more than 150 in the building at one time.
- The renter is solely responsible for setting up and taking down of tables and chairs unless otherwise advised.
- The lodge inside and outside space is under video surveillance at all times and recorded into the Dickinson County Sheriff’s Office.
- Most records in the possession of government in Iowa are public record. All information in possession of the Dickinson County Conservation is subject to Chapter 22 of the Iowa Code, Iowa Open Records Law.
- The person’s name recorded on the reservation form is responsible for the conduct of and/or damages caused by any member(s) of your group. This person must be 21 years of age to reserve the lodge.
- The renter may choose to hire a commercial caterer, restaurant, or commercial food/beverage provider at their cost or have a non-catered function event whereby they would bring their own food (potluck style) or provided by the renter will be allowed. There is no oven or cooking equipment provided in the lodge or allowed to be placed inside the lodge.
- All functions or events require an attendant from the time the lodge is unlocked until the time the lodge is locked. (Do not leave building unlocked and unattended)
- Once the lodge is reserved you will receive a code to open the key box for entry to the lodge. That key code is logged each time it is used to open. If the key is lost, you will be charged for replacing all the door locks on the entire building.
- Only 1 event is allowed per reservation, no sub renting to other reservation free or paid.
- The following items are available as part of your rental fee: 150 folding chairs (mocha granite), 25 round tables (60-inch mocha granite), and six rectangle tables (6 ft. mocha tables).
- There is no public phone at the lodge
- The kitchen has a refrigerator, freezer, and sink and a roll down cafeteria window. (Note: do not over roll the roll-up window)
- No displays located throughout the lodge may be taken down or moved for any reason.
- The following items are NOT allowed in the Lodge; Matches or matchbooks, Pets, bales of straw or hay, fog or bubble machines, portable dance floors, birdseed, confetti, dance floor powder,/talc/cornmeal/rice, tiki torches, candles, or any open flame (exception: floating candles and candles inside hurricanes are allowed and outdoor luminaries on the sidewalk only.
- Smoking is not allowed in the lodge, or on the grounds surrounding the lodge.
- Staples, nails, tape, pins, thumbtacks, and other defacing devices may not be used on interior or exterior surfaces such as walls, doors, trim, etc.
- Only weighted balloons are allowed in the lodge.
- Picnic tables, tents, tables, and chairs may be used in the outdoor shelter but not in the grass.
- Ticket sales can only be used to promote a fundraising project/ event. Public parties or group activities charging or collection admission on the premises will not be allowed subject to prior approval.
- No mention of beer or alcoholic beverages may be used to enhance sales.
- This is a contract signed by the renter and payment of all fees associated with the reservation is due as indicated at the moment of the reservation. We reserve the right to charge the credit card on file for any damages to the property. Extra charges can occur if these terms are not met.
- All rental fees are non-refundable, damage/cleaning deposits will be refunded if the reservation canceled.
- If canceled due to COVID-19 mandates that restrict the number of people at a gathering, a full refund will be granted.
- All alcohol provided by a licensed catering service must have a valid liquor license and a server at all times.
- At non-catered events, lodge users may provide their own wine and/or bottled/canned beer (NO KEGS ALLOWED). No alcohol sales are allowed by a non-license server. All non-catered events require an attendant or bartenders from the time the alcohol arrives to the time the alcohol is gone.
Damage Deposit Information:
- Any damages will be assessed and applied to the renter’s credit card at the discretion of the Dickinson County Board.
- The following cleaning products are provided in the cleaning closet next to the bathrooms: Mop and Bucket, brooms, dustpans, towels, garbage can liners, miscellaneous cleaners. The lodge should look like how it did upon your arrival, extra charges can occur if lodge doesn't meet this standard.
- All items that you brought to the lodge must leave with you. If items are left in the lodge, $50 will be accessed.
- The lodge must be in the same condition as when you arrived.
- Tables and chairs must be cleaned and stacked on the provided holders and placed back in the storage room indicated by.
- Litter must be picked up outside the building including parking lots and grass areas.
- Kitchen sinks, countertops, walls and floors must be wiped clean including the refrigerator shelves.
- Grease and other foreign material may not be put down the sink drains.
- Freezer/refrigerator shall be emptied of all items that were brought into the lodge at the end of your event.
- Garbage must be removed from the cans and taken outside to the dumpster located in the Nature Center parking lot.
- Any physical damages occurring during your rental period will be charged to the renter.
- Lost and found items may be claimed during business hours of the Dickinson County Nature Center.
- Fireplace must be shut off at the end of your reservation!!
- Small directional signs may be placed along the roadways to guide people to your event, but in no way may they be affixed to trees or park sings (they must stand-alone)
- Signs are to be removed immediately following the event. Failure to do so will result in a $50 assessment.